Who we are
AMI provides a range of services to assist organisations with the secure retirement of their end-of-life IT, mobile and electrical equipment. Established in 2001, we have grown to become one of the leading specialists supporting a diverse array of customers within both the public and private sectors in the UK and Ireland; examples include the Finance, Health, Telecoms, Central and Local Government agencies.
- 25% of Ireland’s top 200 ICT user organisations choose us because our service is the most secure on the market
Secure IT retirement
AMI has a range of services tailored to support our customers with the secure retirement of their end-of-life IT. All our services are provided by the AMI Collection Crew, a team of fully security vetted staff in a fleet of collection vehicles which are fully tracked and geo-fenced 24/7.
We pride ourselves on being easy to deal with. We consistently deliver the highest levels of service and customer satisfaction when providing our wide range of services including WEEE recycling, PC remarketing, PC installations, Data erasure, hard drive shredding and media destruction.
We believe in providing a premium service to our customers which is why we adhere to numerous key industry standards and accreditations.
- We have invested €350,000 in our Client Support Centre
World-class secure facilities
We have purpose designed processing facilities close to Belfast and Dublin to provide complete coverage throughout the island of Ireland. We also have an office in Theale, Berkshire, which enables us to better serve our customer base in Great Britain. Our 18,000 sq ft premises is designed to provide efficient environmental processing within a secure environment.
- In the last three years we have spent €150,000 on the area of security including staff metal detectors and CCTV
Peace of mind
Over the past decade AMI has become the partner of choice for a range of organisations who value the total peace of mind offered by our secure IT retirement solution. This peace of mind is also provided by AMI’s adherence to a wide range of regulatory requirements at both industry and national level. Our custom designed asset tracking software provides complete end-to-end visibility of each individual piece of equipment throughout the retirement process. In addition we ensure compliance and surpass the standards required in accordance with the overarching EU Regulation on Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
- We are among the top 7 out of 42 companies audited worldwide by top global IT disposal standards body ADISA
Highest return on IT assets
We refurbish and resell retired client equipment so that we can generate the best possible return on IT assets for clients. Our global network of 350 buyers, as well as our own premium IT resale division, RefreshedByUS.com, means that we are best placed to maximise the value we can generate after we have 100% data sanitised equipment.
- The typical value generated per laptop sold post-retirement in 2015 was €100
Some fun facts
- We destroyed 46,470 terabytes of data in 2015 which is equivalent to 435,000 kms of books on a shelf. This is a shelf so big that it would stretch more than 10 times around the earth
- We data sanitised more than 304,000 items in 2015
- The data erasure software that we use performs 50,000 data erasures per day worldwide
- In 2015, we refurbished and resold 40,000 devices, generating a return of €2.2 million for our clients
- We can securely process 3,000 devices and wipe 187,500 GBs of data per day