AMI are the most accredited IT disposal service provider in Ireland.
We are passionate about security and take the utmost precautions with your equipment at all points of our process.
We offer a nationwide collection service across the island of Ireland. When your IT equipment arrives, it is completely wiped and prepared for resale or recycled in line with WEEE regulations.
On completion, we provide a full asset report and Certificate of Destruction.
- Each collection allocated a unique job reference number prior to crew arriving at site
- Equipment tracked using this number through all transport and data destruction processes
- No minimum quantities
- Equipment collected loose, caged or palletised - whatever suits you
- Equipment storage containers or cages for transportation are provided
- Collection available throughout Ireland and managed within our sites in Belfast and Dublin
- Collections will be completed by two AMI uniformed, fully trained and security vetted IT disposal experts
- The equipment is returned to AMI’s secure processing facilities in either Dublin or Belfast on the same day of collection
- All collection crew carry photographic ID
- Our crew pack all assets for transportation quickly and with minimal disruption to the client
- Waste transfer forms are signed by each party on completion of packing, and a copy is left with the client, recording the details of the collection
- Collections are completed in AMI un-marked vehicles fitted with the latest GPS tracking
- Vehicles are always locked and attended
- We have a range of vehicles available for collection including vans, solid-sided 7.5-ton and 12-ton trucks. Larger vehicles are available if necessary
Secure Data Destruction
Without complete data destruction, companies may leave themselves vulnerable to a data breach, compromising both their own and their customers’ sensitive data. Under GDPR, organisations are obliged to destroy all data on data-bearing devices no longer in use.
Those who don’t may face significant fines.
Our Data Destruction ProcessWe provide a robust, process-led approach to data destruction which guarantees secure certified data destruction, without having a negative environmental impact. We work closely with some of the leading providers of National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) approved software, including Blancco, to ensure accurate, quality-controlled and fully documented procedures. We guarantee that 100% of data is permanently erased and unrecoverable from all IT equipment. Devices unsuitable for data destruction are securely shredded.
Wipe with Blancco...We utilise the full suite of Blancco wiping software to wipe each drive three times before passing it as 100% erased. Data erased by Blancco cannot be recovered with any existing technology.
...or ShredOther data-bearing media that cannot be successfully wiped or is not suitable for remarketing, are shredded to debris less than 20mm as standard (6mm upon request).
Scanned & TrackedAll assets - either data wiped or shredded - are scanned and tracked via our secure, bespoke tracking system.
Details recorded include:
- item type;
- collection date and site;
- equipment make and model;
- client asset tag or serial number;
- item specification; and
- processing details.
Certificate of DestructionWhen the data is destroyed, we provide a certificate of destruction – giving you peace of mind that you have complied with regulations.
We also archive certificates for seven years, so proof of destruction for specific equipment is tracked and can be easily found.
IT Equipment Resale and Revenue Return
We provide a cost-effective solution to your IT asset disposal needs. Our expert refurbishment process enables us to maximise the quantity of clients’ IT equipment that is sold on, rather than recycled, thus providing a revenue return for our clients.
We endeavour to get the greatest return for you on each device. The revenue generated through the resale of equipment covers the cost of disposal for 9 out of 10 of our corporate customers, meaning they never need to pay an invoice.
AMI resell IT equipment, including but not limited to:
IT Equipment Sales Channels
By selling through our multiple sales channels and comprehensive network, AMI is not as vulnerable to market fluctuations as other IT disposal providers.
Our retail arm refreshedbyus.com is a premium reseller of quality refurbished laptops, desktops and PCs sourced from global corporations and government departments throughout the UK and Ireland. This is primarily a business to consumer ecommerce site.
Small businesses tend to have a limited IT budget and new equipment is expensive. We provide refurbished equipment of no more than three years old to SMEs, updated with faster drives and the latest Windows OS. This can have a huge impact on IT performance and productivity in general.
Schools and colleges are constantly under pressure to reduce costs whilst also needing to invest in IT. However, increasing prices and budget cuts make this almost impossible to achieve. We resell premium branded IT equipment with upgrades and options in high volumes to the education market, as a lower cost alternative to purchasing new.
We have been reselling redundant equipment for over 15 years. During this time we have built up a large range of buyers and partners throughout Europe and the rest of the world. This enables us to guarantee the best return on equipment for our clients.
"If there is value in your organisation’s old IT, AMI will help you unlock it."
↓ WEEE Recycling ↓
Less than 1% of material recovered by AMI from IT equipment ends up in landfill.
At AMI, we are committed to continuously working to reduce our environmental impact. In accordance with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive we recycle and reuse electrical and electronic equipment from IT assets that are unsuitable for refurbishment and resale.
We guarantee that all recycled equipment meets the relevant local and EU regulations on the processing of electrical waste. We provide a complete trail of the waste material’s journey to its final location to assure clients all waste we process remains within the EU.
We also issue a Certificate of Destruction to provide you with a guarantee that the items have been recycled. All recyclable equipment has the same level of security and traceability as refurbished equipment. IT assets that we process for reuse or recycling include:
- PCs and peripherals;
- Laptops, tablets and smart phones;
- VOIP systems;
- Servers, network and data centre equipment;
- Server cabinets and racks;
- Printing equipment; and
- Media including Hard Disk Drives, Solid State Drives (SSD), and back-up tapes.
Approved Authorised Treatment Facilities (AATF) Centre
At our AATF centre, IT equipment unsuitable for resale is processed for recycling with suitable materials, including metal and plastics, recovered.
Initial depollution and separation of equipment is then completed and specific items such as rechargeable batteries, power cables, and printer cartridges are removed.
The remaining waste is then shipped to one of our accredited recycling partners. Our bespoke processing system enables us to identify the recycling destination of every asset that we process.
Our recycling partners are chosen based on their best in class recycling and recovery rates and are audited as part of our ISO27001 supplier process.
Our Environmental Licensing and Certification
- Waste Management License and Authorised Treatment Facility
- ROI Site License
- ROI Carriers License
- NI Site License
- NI Carriers License
- UK Carriers License
To find out more about our extensive range accrediations and licenses, please visit our compliance section.
If there is a license required that is not listed here, please contact us.
IT Hardware Buy-Back and Brokerage
Your old IT equipment may still hold significant value. Equipment no longer in use by your organisation often holds a substantial value that your business can realise by selling it.AMI provide an IT equipment buyback service. Based on cosmetic grade of the equipment and current market conditions, we give a valuation of your old IT assets. AMI can then purchase the equipment, following which it undergoes our secure process of data destruction, refurbishment and resale, unlocking maximum value for your organisation.
We can buyback fully functioning IT equipment regardless of brand, including:
Servers & storage
Laptops & desktops
* We work with our network of buyers to evaluate the best possible financial return on the IT assets. In some cases, there may not be enough revenue to provide a rebate, but 90% of cases will pay for the secure asset disposal service.
Our wholly-owned brand, DiskShred, is Europe’s most reliable and cost-effective solution for onsite data destruction. DiskShred’s purpose-built shredding vehicles arrive at your location and can shred items into pieces as small as 6mm, to ensure that the data on old storage media is completely destroyed.
Here’s why some of the world’s biggest organisations have been using DiskShred since 2008...
- We are the most accredited pan-European on-site shredding organisation
- We provide excellent customer service; 82% of our business comes from repeats and referrals
- We deliver on-time to impressively cost-effective budgets
- We are two to three times faster than others, and shred 500 to 700 hard drives per hour, the best in the market
- Trustworthy, experienced and trained staff
- We provide 100% tamper-proof handling and destruction audit trail and certification
- We have a transparent process and clear chain of custody, with disks being shredded in front of our clients. Our clients witness area inside the vehicle has full personal protection equipment
- We dispose of the media debris safely, in an environmentally responsible manner
What we shred
- Hard drives
- External hard drives
- Backup magnetic tapes (DLT, DAT, CCTV, VHS and Reel)
- Floppy disk and zip disk
- Removable media/USB and memory sticks
- Optical media (CDs DVDs, Blue Ray)
- Mobiles and smartphones, PDAs, etc.
- Portable storage devices
- ID cards
Hard Drive Shredding
No matter what type of storage media you need to destroy, our mobile disk shredders are so powerful they can reduce all kinds of storage media into debris at your location, in plain sight, and in record time.
Stage 1You tell us what you want to destroy and when you want us to do it.
Stage 2Our mobile shredder arrives at your premises at the agreed date and time
Stage 3Our security-vetted employees transfer your hard drives or media into the lorry shredder.
Stage 4The media is shredded down into 20mm fragments (less than the diameter of a 5-cent coin), or even as small as 6mm on request. You can also witness the destruction first hand
Stage 5We provide you with a Certificate of Destruction, so you know you have fulfilled your regulatory obligations.
Stage 6We carefully dispose of the debris according to government and environmental regulations
During the shredding process your media is never left unattended, a DiskShred employee stays with it at all times. If required, we can also provide you with asset tracking with/without video evidence of your media being destroyed. All of these measures enhance your compliance under GDPR, with clear and detailed evidence of data destruction.
Asset RegisterMore than 80% of our clients request that their items are tracked as part of the shredding process, ensuring that they have confirmation of the data destruction of individual devices. To facilitate this request, we created an encrypted asset register for our clients’ highly confidential hard drives and storage media. This is also searchable by the type of media (e.g. hard disks, media tapes, CDs), the asset tag (serial number or other identifiers), the number of units and the date and time they were shredded.
CCTVWe can send you encrypted CCTV footage showing the shredding of your equipment in process from three different angles within the truck. This is searchable by the asset serial number as well as by date and time, enabling you to review specific parts of the process. You also have options to select playback speed, and the number of cameras to include in the replay.
Hard drive removalOur crew are fully trained to carefully remove hard drives from your PCs, laptops or servers before shredding, to avoid causing any damage to the IT equipment not being disposed.
Our employeesAs all our staff are directly employed by AMI, we can maintain consistency of service as well as ensuring that all staff have undergone security screening through our own bespoke program.AMI and DiskShred’s shredding process not only makes life simple for our customers, but we also go further to get the job done in an ultra-secure manner.
Deployment and Relocation Services
Deployment SupportAMI offer a wide range of deployment support services to suit the needs of your organisation.
- IT audits and asset register creation
- Secure IT equipment storage
- liEngineering recourses for client installation projects
- Bespoke asset tagging
- Deployment, configuration and imaging
- Installation projects
- Removal of assets from desk
Relocation ServicesAMI provide a fully-managed secure IT equipment relocation service that looks after packing up, securely transporting and installing your IT equipment in your new office, with minimal disruption to your business:
- Security vetted IT engineers
- All devices asset tagged and registered so that each item is fully trackable
- Secure logistics – unmarked, GPS tracked vehicles
- Installation, ensuring all IT equipment is ready for use
and...We are a well tried and tested provider of secure IT equipment relocation services in Ireland. Service levels offered, but not restricted to:
- Pack and transport IT equipment
- De-rack and Re-rack
- De-commission and re-commission