Location: AMI Headquarters – Mallusk
Hours: 40 hours per week. Designated department will determine shift.
Reports To: Department Lead
Responsible For: Self
As Junior IT Engineer, you will be required to provide technical services in one of three areas within the business; Data wiping, Retail or PC Deployment.
Data wiping of Servers and other Data Centre equipment and the subsequent processing of IT equipment for re-sale are both in an onsite warehouse environment in our Mallusk facility.
PC deployment team based at various customer sites, and the role will involve unpacking of PCs/Laptops, Imaging and deployment to desk. In certain circumstances additional deployment tasks will be required such as migration of data from legacy PCs and migration of peripherals from the old Pc to the newly deployed PC.
Additionally, you may be required to give technical support to other areas of the business.
- PC deployment to include imaging, physical deployment and potential data and peripheral migration
- Assisting in planning and execution of large-scale PC deployments
- Carry out data wiping of Servers and other items of equipment.
- Diagnose any problems with equipment that prevents or hinders the data wiping process and propose solutions.
- Analyse specs and complete diagnostic tests of equipment
- Assess condition of equipment for resale purposes.
- Complete all documentation.
- Ensure all electronic and written correspondence are promptly replied to/actioned on a daily basis.
- Organise and complete stock checks of all equipment.
- Provide follow up support to customers and/or commercial partners.
- To deal with all suppliers, customers and all other staff in a courteous and professional manner.
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss with the Operations Manager and/or Managing Director.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all duties are carried out to comply with:
- The Health and Safety at Work (N.I.) Order 1978;
- Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements;
- Agreed Codes of Practice; including the COSHH Regulations and Safe Working Practices manuals; and. Any other statutory regulations which may apply.
- Ensure that all equipment/vehicles issued are maintained in an appropriate and safe manner, with any defects being reported immediately.
- Co-operate with AMI staff and Management to maintain our Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Undertake Health and Safety and Environmental training as identified by AMI Management.
- Ensure that you maintain up to date product knowledge and attend all training sessions as and when required.
- To attend any meetings as and when required.
- Ensure compliance in all your activities in accordance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Conduct all activities with confidentiality and in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection Legislation.
- To devise and deliver any requisite training within your remit for all staff
- Undertake any other duties or as required, that are within the competence of the post holder and conducive to the effective delivery of the role.
- 3rd level qualification (HNC/HND or comparable) in a computer related subject and minimum of 3 GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English & Maths.
- two years experience in a similar role and Minimum of 5 GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths and Computing related subjects
- Demonstrable experience of working with PC’s/Laptops and other hardware
- Desktop deployment, support & administration experience
- Fully computer literate
- Awareness of PC Security issues
- Good technical ability
- Strong documentation skills for data recording & reporting
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience working in a team
- Ability to work flexible hours to ensure business needs are met
- Full UK Driving License
- Educated to degree level in a computer related subject
- Cisco CCNA
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Windows 10
- Comptia A+
- Comptia Network+
- Comptia Security+
- PC Data Migration experience
- Implementation and support of PC peripherals e.g. Printers/scanners
- Knowledge & experience of servers & network units
- Knowledge & experience of Data Wiping
- Knowledge & experience of desktop operating systems from Windows 7 – Windows 10
- Use of personal vehicle to attend customer sites
N.B. We require the provision of at least one satisfactory reference from a previous employer.
All successful applicants will be subject to Basic Access N.I. criminal record check, BPSS security clearances, successful credit reference clearance and SC Clearance where applicable, [In line with BS 7858 requirements and ISO 27001audits].
Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment within AMI Ltd. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences
AMI LTD are an Equal Opportunities Employer