Are you an IT enthusiast looking for a hands on role with IT hardware in a growing company?
Working as a Junior IT Technician in a warehouse environment you would be places in one of two areas of the business where technical assistance is required – one is the data erasure area, and the other is the retail department.
You will be responsible for providing technical services throughout the data wipe process of ICT equipment; and subsequent processing and refurbishment of ICT & Electrical equipment prior to online & offline resale.
PC deployment at various customer sites will also be required, this will involve unpacking of PCs/Laptops, Imaging and deployment to desk and migration of data from legacy PCs.
Additionally, you may be required to give technical support to other areas of the business.
- Data wipe of Servers and ICT equipment using Blancco software.
- Diagnose any problems with equipment that prevents or hinders the data wiping process and propose solutions.
- Assess condition of equipment for resale purposes.
- Trouble shoot hardware & software issues, completing diagnostic tests of equipment
- Assist with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware being prepared for resale through various channels.
- Complete all documentation.
- Organise and complete stock checks of all equipment.
- Provide follow up support to customers and/or commercial partners if and when necessary
- Will have 3rd Level qualification (HNC/HND or comparable) in a Computer related subject
- Minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade ‘C’ or above or equivalent (or higher) including English Language & Maths and Computing related subjects.
- Minimum of 1 years demonstrable experience of working with PC’s / Laptops and other Hardware.
- Experiencein desktop deployment, Support & Administration.
- Be fully computer literate
- Have good technical ability
If you would like to apply or would like any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All successful applicants will be subject to Access N.I. security clearance, BPSS security clearances, successful credit reference clearance and SC Clearance [In line with BS 7858 requirements and ISO 27001audits].