Location: Mallusk, Newtownabbey
Hours: Mon, Tues & Thurs 8am -4:30pm, Wed 8am – 6pm, Friday 8am – 3pm
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Responsible For: Self
Asset Management Ireland Limited (AMI Ltd) is a secure IT retirement service provider based in Mallusk, Northern Ireland. We specialise in data erasure and re-marketing of end of life ICT equipment.
As Warehouse Operative you will be responsible and accountable for verifying and recording all goods on to our asset tracking system in an accurate, timely and consistent way. Assisting with loading/unloading of vehicles, taking off supplier deliveries and putting away in correct areas, and to carry out any other warehouse functions, relevant administration and health & safety tasks as directed.
- Process all electronic and ICT equipment using Asset Recording System i.e. data entry onto computer system to identify and classify equipment.
- Sort computer/electrical equipment for recycling or reuse.
- Test and process computer/electrical equipment as directed by the Operations Manager and Team Leads.
- Maintain and verify accurate daily paper and computerised records of all delivery dockets and goods inwards and outwards and ensure all discrepancies are reported to your line manager.
- To file, archive and maintain all paperwork as directed by the Operations Manager and Team leads.
- Comply with the systematic storage /distribution and receipt of all deliveries within stores and in vans ensuring the most efficient layout for picking orders and loading of company vehicles.
- To deal with all suppliers and customers in a courteous and professional manner – face to face, via email or by telephone.
- Undertake any other duties or as required, that are within the competence of the post holder and conducive to the effective delivery of the role.
- Conduct all activities with confidentiality and in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection Legislation.
- Ensure that you maintain up to date product knowledge and attend all training sessions as and when required.
- To attend any meetings as and when required
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all duties are carried out to comply with:
- The Health and Safety at Work (N.I.) Order 1978;
- Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements;
- Agreed Codes of Practice; including the COSHH Regulations and Safe Working Practices manuals; and. Any other statutory regulations which may apply.
- Ensure that all equipment issued is maintained in an appropriate and safe manner, with any defects being reported immediately.
- Co-operate with AMI staff and Management to maintain our Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Undertake Health and Safety and Environmental training as identified by AMI Management.
- Minimum of 3 GCSE at grade C or above to include English language & Maths or equivalent
- Experience working with computers &/or electronic equipment
- Team Player
- Reliable attendance & time keeping
- Clear disciplinary record
- NVQ in Warehousing
- Previous warehouse experience gained within the last 5 years
- Minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade ‘C’ or above or equivalent (or higher) Including English language & Math related subject
- Knowledge and experience of hardware/software installation
- Fully computer literate
- Manual handling courses taken
- Health and Safety courses taken
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid forklift licence
N.B. We require the provision of at least one satisfactory reference from a previous employer. All job offers will be subject to successful Access N.I. security clearance, BPSS security clearance and successful credit reference clearance. [In line with BS 7858 requirements and ISO 27001audits]. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment within AMI Ltd. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences.
AMI ltd are an Equal Opportunities Employer
*No Recruitment Agencies*