Did you know that your redundant IT equipment could be used to help a charity? Many of you may wish to use obsolete IT Assets to support a local charity, enhancing your Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) policy and helping to contribute something back to the community.
There are two options:
Option 1: Donate your redundant IT equipment
We manage this process from start to finish in seven simple steps:
- We collect your redundant IT equipment and transport it to one of our secure warehouses
- We remove all customer identifying labels from the equipment
- To securely wipe and completely destroy any residing customer data, we use Blancco to process all data bearing equipment
- We complete repairs (if required)
- As a top tier quality refurbisher working closely with Microsoft for many years, we provide genuine Microsoft Refurbisher Licences so we can reload software for registered charities and non-profit making organisations at reduced rates
- We pack and ship to your specified charity
- We provide you with a full report for audit use from our bespoke tracking system, detailing the equipment donated and its end location
Option 2: Make a financial contribution by donating your re-marketing revenue-share
Through our “Re-using IT service”, you can donate any revenue-share generated from re-marketing your redundant IT Assets. The eight points below explain how it works:
- When your equipment arrives at our facility, our trained staff will assess your equipment’s potential market value
- Each item is barcoded, scanned and processed into our bespoke tracking system. This allows you to track the journey of your IT asset from initial collection at the your site through to the onward sale, delivering a comprehensive audit trail
- We complete repairs (if required) on the equipment that is suitable for re-marketing
- All items chosen for resale will have an operating system upgrade to Windows 10 to increase the return value for our clients. We are proud to operate as a top tier quality refurbisher. Working closely with Microsoft for many years, we provide genuine Microsoft Refurbisher Licences
- The equipment is cleaned, packed, graded and shelved in the AMI re-marketing warehouse until sold
- The items suitable for re-marketing are sold through our end user website or via bulk selling to local retailers or businesses. (We pride ourselves on our ability to get the greatest value for each device, choosing a route that will provide the highest possible return in order to maximise the client return).
- We provide an agreed revenue share back to the customer on re-marketed IT assets
- The value of the revenue share back can be donated directly to a charity of your choice
AMI’s Corporate Social Responsibility
AMI have a strong ongoing commitment to adhering to environmental policies, ensuring compliance with all current relevant environmental legislation. AMI holds a Waste Management License, is a Registered Waste Carrier and is certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Standard.
At AMI our aim is to minimise the impact of IT equipment on the environment by focusing on re-using and remarketing IT assets, prolonging their lifecycle before recycling is required. We adhere to the Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive which encourages businesses to do everything they can to reuse equipment.