Ten months after the first national lockdown, once again schools across the nation are closed due to the COVID pandemic, and many students still do not have access to a computer.
A wide range of organisations and charities have launched equipment donation campaigns to help provide IT equipment to the UK & Ireland’s schoolchildren.
Complying with GDPR
You may want your organisation to donate equipment but are concerned about your data and complying with GDPR, maybe you are worried about using the correct software licensing, or that the equipment is fit for purpose for re-use in education.
As one of the most accredited Secure IT Disposal specialists in Europe, we can help you manage this process. We can ensure both GDPR and Microsoft Licencing requirements are fully satisfied. We will provide a fully certified, professional redeployment service, giving you peace of mind that you have complied with regulations and that the job will be done properly.
If you have equipment to donate, AMI can:
- Securely collect, pack & transport the devices to our secure facility.
- Data sanitise using Blancco Data Eraser software to wipe each drive three times before passing it as 100% erased.
- Provide Certificate of Data Destruction.
- Clean, test, refurbish & replace missing or faulty parts.
- Install Windows 10 Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher licences.
- Carry out the redistribution process, delivering to the required location.
If you don’t have access to surplus devices and you would like to fund devices for home use, we can supply fully tested and refurbished laptops or desktops to your chosen Charity or Educational establishment via our retail brand RefreshedByUs.com.