The WEEE Directive
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) is an EU law that came into effect in January 2007. The law aims to minimise the amount of waste electrical and electronic goods that end up in landfill, reducing the impact on the environment. It dictates how waste electrical and electronic equipment must be handled at the end of its life.
Secure and environmental WEEE disposal affects every organisation and business that uses electrical equipment in the workplace. It places a legal responsibility on companies and their employees who deal with environmental waste to responsibly dispose of Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment.
AMI will work with you to help you meet your WEEE directive requirements, protecting you from the liabilities associated with end of life and disposal recycling. AMI has zero landfill policy and ensures that 100% of disposals are handled in an environmentally responsible way. Anything not re-usable is recycled in line with WEEE requirements.
Compliant and Reliable WEEE Recycling with AMI
Organisations must be able to prove they have shown appropriate care and performed the necessary due diligence to prove they chose an IT Asset Retirement partner with the appropriate accreditations and treatment processes in place.
By choosing AMI as your WEEE disposal partner, you are choosing to work with a legally compliant, trusted company so you can be confident that your WEEE is being dealt with responsibly, ethically and in an environmentally friendly manner from an accredited organisation with the correct licenses and permits.
- Ireland’s largest and most trusted WEEE recycler
- Fully WEEE compliant
- Over 10 years’ experience of WEEE recycling
- Waste License (Ireland) – Our facility in Dublin has been passed as a Waste Facility Site by South Dublin County Council, Waste Permit Number: WFP-DS-11-0004
- Waste License (N. Ireland) – Our site in Mallusk, near Belfast has been passed as a WEEE treatment and storage facility by NIEA, Licence Ref: LN/09/100
- Waste Carriers License (N. Ireland) – Registration Number ROC UT 737 issued by NIEA
- ROI Collections – We have a collection permit for all of Ireland issued by NWCPO Ref: NWCPO-09-01160